|The 1972 Convention for Safe Containers has two goals. One is to
maintain a high level of safety of human life in the transport and
handling of containers by providing generally acceptable test
procedures and related strength requirements. The other is to
facilitate the international transport of containers by providing
uniform international safety regulations, equally applicable to all
modes of surface transport. In this way, proliferation of divergent
national safety regulations can be avoided. The requirements of the
Convention apply to the great majority of freight containers used
internationally, except those designed specially for carriage by
air. As it was not intended that all containers or reusable packing
boxes should be affected, the scope of the Convention is limited to
containers of a prescribed minimum size having corner fittings -
devices which permit handling, securing or stacking.
Please check out website
is one of the most respected training organisations for shipping
Our section here relates to companies who offer Shipping Container
Inspection Services to the industry. While most Shipping Container
companies have in-house inspectors on occasion it necessitates to
source an independently qualified inspector. Click as always on the
link to find Shipping Container Inspection facilities and
- Naval architecture bureau service providing
Stability books to SCV and Workboat Code of Practice
standards, RCD stability calculations and other
design workand analyses.
A Adamson & Co
- Marine Surveyors, Consultants and Naval
Architects, based in Scotland and undertaking work
on all vessel types.
- International expertise in aids to navigation,
vessel traffic services, waterway management and
related topics. Located in Petaluma, CA
- Naval architecture and marine engineering,
electronic systems engineering and naval ship
AR Brink & Associates
- Marine consultants and surveyors based in Durban,
Bancan Maritime Management, Inc.
- St-Lawrence/East Coast Canada consultants
providing operations expertise to Owners and
Charterers, casualty investigations for protection
and indemnity clubs; and expert opinions to law
BowTech Maritime Consultancy
- British Columbia based firm provides technical and
project management services including inspections
and superintendency work, ClassNK surveys, marine
related training, and risk management studies.
- Naval consulting, naval estimates and everything
concerning international shipping.
British Maritime Technology
- One of the world's leading maritime and
engineering consultancies providing a wide range of
advanced design, risk management, experimentation
and software systems - primarily to environmental,
marine, offshore, defence and civil engineering
Burness Corlett - Three Quays
- Technical services to maritime lawyers and the
international shipping industry.
- We are concerned primarily with maritime trade and
commercial shipping, the main purpose of which is
the safe and reliable carriage of cargo.
DC Maritime Technologies Inc.
- Marine electrical engineering consultants.
Drewry Shipping Consultants
- Independent maritime consultancy, data and
Eagle Maritime Consultants, Inc.
- Marine Surveyors, Naval Architects, Engineers,
Port Captains, Project Managers. Providing loss
prevention and protecting customers' legal rights
and remedies against third parties.
Elliott Bay Design Group
- Providing Naval architecture, marine engineering
and production support.
Haugen Consulting: Demurrage Solutions
- As tanker demurrage and laytime consultants serve
the oil and chemical industry by negotiating reduced
demurrage liability and tracking key voyage
International Marine Consultants
- Provides consulting and technical services to oil
companies, marketing and refining concerns, vessel
charterers, and other marine related organizations.
International Maritime Associates, Inc.
- Provides market analysis and strategic planning
for clients in the marine, offshore and technology
ISM Consult A/S
- Danish company providing a document control system
for ISM (Safety) systems.
John A. Tylawsky
- Marine, maritime and admiralty engineering
investigations, surveys, forensic engineering,
studies, reports, analyses, cost estimates and
LMC Marine Technical Services, Inc.
- New York-based full-service technical maritime
consultancy, including surveying, naval
architecture, expert witnesses and more.
Marcon International, Inc.
- A wide range of consulting and brokerage services
to domestic and overseas clients in ocean and inland
water-borne transportation, specializing in towing,
marine construction, and the offshore petroleum
Marine Enforcement Limited
- British based enforcement specialists in policy,
procedures, training, investigations and
prosecutions of shipping regulations. Enforcement of
marine pollution and Port Marine Safety Code.
- A full service marketing, promotion and consulting
firm based in Piraeus since 1986.
1 Marine Survey
- Washington State based surveyors for most
classifications of vessel.
Marine Technical Consulting
- Common ship and boat design; stability,
hydrodynamic, structures and equipment. Technical
and commercial management; ISM, Vetting, planned
maintenance programs, purchase and stores
Maritime Allied Projects Ltd
- The multi-disciplined range of services offered,
include the design of vessels and in-nation state
Maritime Consultant Transport GmbH
- Serving shipping industry.
Maritime Management Consulting
- Management consulting firm that provides practical
business solutions for the maritime, travel and
leisure, and manufacturing industries. (Formerly
Steller Carson Associates).
Martin Ottaway van Hemmen & Dolan
- US based consultants, engineers, surveyors, naval
architects and appraisers, operating in more than 30
- Market research and forecasts of the maritime
freight and newbuilding market for
shipowners,charterers, shipyards, marine equipment
suppliers, and government institutions. Specialist
forecasts of freight rates, second-hand and
Nordic Ship Consultants Inc.
- A management company with operations in the
Caribbean, and Jones Act privileges for domestic
Ocean Motions Company
- Stability instruments, hull stress and loading
computers, naval architecture, offshore and inland
24hr marine casualty response, and salvage
engineering. Located at Rhode Island.
- Offer accident, grounding, damaged cargo and cargo
gear inspections for the maritime industry and leak
detection utilizing airborne ultrasonic detection
equipment . Mexico .
Register A Yacht.com
- Gibraltar based yacht registration and off-shore
company formation business.
Ship Motion Associates
- Performance prediction and seakeeping analyses for
high-speed and displacement boats.
Shipping Intelligence, Inc.
- New York based maritime economic consultants.
Databases of ship sale and chartering transactions.
Statistical models of tanker and dry bulk markets.
Vessel and investment valuations.
Synergistic Dynamics, Inc.
- Provides an array of creative, value-added
professional management, financial and technical
services to companies and government agencies in the
aerospace, defense, ship building, ship repair and
- Maritime heritage, event and conservation
consultants providing a service giving advice,
planning, direction and practical help on maritime
projects and events.
- Has capabilities in the design, testing, and
analysis of marine and ground transportation
systems, complex structures, mining equipment, and
offshore systems. The company also undertakes
contract research and development work, forensic
engineering, and project evaluation assignments.